2004 Sep 30 03:32

[vox-tech] mencoder - slower and scaled?

[vox-tech] mencoder - slower and scaled?

I'm tired, and having difficulty coming up with an mencoder recipe
to take a ~640x480 MPEG that plays too fast (seems to have been captured
at ~25fps, but is played back at 60fps) and turn it into a 320x240 MPEG
that plays at the original speed.  (I created a video using xvidcap, but
want it smaller, to reduce size, and to play actual speed things were
happening).

So far, I think I need "-vf harddup" to get the single frames in the
original to count as multiple frames in the new file, and "-vop scale=320:240"
to scale the image.

Basing my command on a little scale-and-save-as-MPEG4 (AVI) script I have
for turning a video into something playable on the Zaurus, I was able
to get my original MPEG to turn into a 320x240 AVI.  Close, but it played too
fast, and I'd rather encode it back into MPEG.

Anyone here an mplayer/mencoder expert? ;)
Thx!

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                            New Breed Software
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       Tux Paint 0.9.14 -- Coming soon!