2004 Sep 26 17:53

Re: [vox-tech] Sound on the thinkpad [Solved (this time for real)]

Re: [vox-tech] Sound on the thinkpad [Solved (this time for real)]

Ok,

I found the error.

ALSA and OSS were conflicting with each other.

One needs to:

echo "skip i810_audio" >> /etc/discover.conf
reboot

>From then on you can run alsamixer, and adjust the levels, do a:
alsactl store and save the levels for your next reboot

# determine if you how often to save the mixer settings
dpkg-reconfigure alsa-base

Also, as an aside, when you do a:
apt-get install alsa-base

It messes up your mouse and X won't start, so you need to do:
modprobe psmouse
echo "psmouse" >> /etc/modules

Only took me 48 to get my sound working, I figure in another 96 hrs
or so I'll have my wireless network card working :(

Happy New Year
Jay