2004 Sep 26 12:29

Re: [vox-tech] rescuing winxp?

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> I've never had the occaision to use Peter Norton anything, but I once read
> his book on "computer architecture" which was very good, and a thinly
> disguised book on 80386 assembly.  The book was awesome, but that was over a
> decade ago.

Those are awesome books.  Inside The IBM PC 1st edition (later ones are
not that interesting) and Peter Norton's Guide to Assembly Language
Programming (or whatever it's called.)  Both out of print, unfortunately.
Bestestest books.

BTW, isn't "Inside The IBM PC" the book they were calling "The Pink Shirt
Book" in the Hckaers movie?

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim