2004 Sep 25 23:04

Re: [vox-tech] Sound on the thinkpad [not solved]

On Saturday 25 September 2004 04:26 pm, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Sorry my fault, I wasn't clear.  I do know that the stuff in init.d gets
> run at startup/shutdown.  I looked thru the alsa script and saw it calls
> alsactl.  I just ran "/etc/init.d/alsa stop and start" just to see if
> I'd get sound, which I did not.
>
> If I run alsamixer, it gives me the message:
> "No mixer elems found"

I don't know what that's about.  Didn't you say earlier that
you were getting sound after running some mixer?  Anyway,
the following has a reference to this error message and
might give you some ideas:

http://www.justlinux.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=132662

Also you might check here for notes about your specific
machine (laptop, right?):

http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/

-- Rod