2004 Sep 25 12:35

Re: [vox-tech] Sound on the thinkpad

On Saturday 25 September 2004 12:24 pm, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (while I'm waiting to down load yopper), I just reinstalled Sarge,
> totally basic install.  Then installed KDE (kdebase to be exact).  I
> don't have any sound, though I see during boot it loaded my sound card
> drivers.
>
> Any suggestions one where to look to get my sound?

If the sound drivers loaded without complaining, then it's
likely just an issue with mixer settings.  For example if
you are using ALSA, then output is muted by default and you
should run alsamixer.

If you are not using ALSA then perhaps you should, depending
on the hardware.  I have generally had better luck with it
than with OSS.

-- Rod