2004 Sep 24 13:22

Re: [vox-tech] "bring to front" X-window command

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> possible).  I was hoping for a low level X-windows system call, but I
> just realized windows management is going to depend on the specific
> windows-manager. ;)  Oh well.

I'm not sure if that's true.  I'm sure at least a window can *request* to
be placed a certain way to the window manager.  As an example, try
grabbing a window screen shot using Gimp or XV -- I think those apps bring
the window to the front before it takes the snapshots.  If those apps can
shuffle windows that they don't even own, I'm sure you can do it with the
windows you do own.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim