2004 Sep 24 08:48

[vox-tech] bittorrent: tracker doesn't like me?

[vox-tech] bittorrent: tracker doesn't like me?

Imagine you see this:

   status:   finishing in 199:29:45 (42.1%)
   dl speed: 0.7 KB/s
   ul speed: 3.6 KB/s
   sharing:  3.688  (1243.2 MB up / 337.1 MB down)
   seeds: 12 seen now, plus .999 distributed copies
   peers:  4 seen now

I mean, what's a guy to think?   If I didn't know better, I'd say that the
tracker has a personal grudge against me.   :-/

With 12 seeders, the dl speed should be going like gangbusters.  And it
isn't a minor fluke, because look at the actual MB uploaded and downloaded.
The thing I'm downloading is 800MB.  I've already uploaded it!  I'm working
on uploading it twice!

How does this happen with bittorrent?  I thought trackers were suppose to
keep things fair.  Nobody can accuse me of shutting down a torrent before my
sharing goes below a 1.0.

Pete