2004 Sep 21 22:03

[vox-tech] gnuplot help: removing unwanted tickmarks

[vox-tech] gnuplot help: removing unwanted tickmarks

I have a graph, made in gnuplot. It has dollars on the left Y axis and acres
on the right Y axis. Both Y independent Y axes are plotted against a common
X axis. Unfortunalely, the tickmarks from the left axis appear on both sides
of the plot, so the right side has two sets of tickmarks, one bogus. I don't
know how to remove the unwanted tickmarks from the right side. Can anyone
help?

The gnuplot script and data file are attached.

--
Henry House

#year	  ac  	  totval
1997 	 6833 	37385000
1998 	 8410 	46837000
1999 	 8704 	35431000
2000 	 9496 	40873000
2001 	10242 	33241000
2002 	 9699 	44675000
2003 	10334 	37366000
set title 'Grapes, wine'
set terminal postscript
set ylabel "millions of dollars"
set y2label "acres"
set yrange [0.000:50.000]
set y2range [6000:14000]
set y2tics
set y2tics 6000, 500, 12000
plot "grapes.dat" using ($1):($3 / 1000000) axes x1y1 title 'gross value' with lp lw 3 pt 4, \
"grapes.dat" using ($1):($2) axes x1y2 title 'acres' with lp lw 3 pt 3