2004 Sep 21 06:44

Re: [vox-tech] Debian Sarge, Video and Monitor Configuration

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 10:57:14PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> > dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
> >
> > ...to be precise. :-)
> >

> should this be writing an XF86Config-4 file somewhere?  Its not writing
> a new one to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

You modified your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 by hand, so now debconf is
reluctant to overwrite it.  From /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/FAQ.gz
lines 2071-2073 in sid, you can solve this as follows:

   For /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, do the following as root:
   md5sum /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 > /var/lib/xfree86/XF86Config-4.md5sum
   dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

G'mar chatima tova