2004 Sep 14 23:39

[vox-tech] Greylisting and LUGOD

I ran across this during my morning reading:

  http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/whitepaper.html

of which there seems to be a good Postfix implementation
(Postfix is my MTA of choice):

  http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/

So I'm seriously considering putting this on my server.

The effect on LUGOD would be:

(1) Virtually no spam.  Mostly this is of interest to the
    officers, as the mailing lists already require
    registration in order to post; however spammers might
    easily forge the FROM header to abuse this.

(2) Mail from first-time posters, or from those who post
    less frequently than once per month, would likely be
    delayed by an hour or so.

(3) This *might* allow me to eliminate the current blocking
    of mail from dynamic IPs.

Comments?

-- Rod