2004 Sep 08 15:12

Re: [vox-tech] Apache help needed

Rick Moen said:
> Quoting Richard Crawford (rscrawford@mossroot.com):
>
>> Never mind.  I cleared out my Firefox cache and now it works fine.
>
> That's good -- because a wise man once observed:  "He who attempts to
> fix a problem using mod_rewrite emerges, often as not, with two
> problems." ;->

Sadly true.

In my original solution, everything worked fine, until the user attempted
to submit a form to be processed by the Perl script in question.  The
rewrite solution in my httpd.conf file caused the Perl script to be
re-requested from the browser, but *without* the form values.  Thus, the
page looked good, except for the error messages.

But here's the rewrite sequence I eventually used:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/cfmx(.*\.pl)$ /$ [R,L]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} !\.pl [OR]
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} /DLC/$
RewriteRule ^/DLC/(.*)$ /cfmx/DLC/$1 [R,L]

Neither rule worked without the R flag.  I think I know why this is.

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)