2004 Aug 31 16:12

Re: [vox-tech] gcc 3.3 woes debian sarge (testing) on ppc

Re: [vox-tech] gcc 3.3 woes debian sarge (testing) on ppc

Ken Bloom wrote:

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:09:26 -0700
dylan <dylan@iici.no-ip.org> wrote:

(also posted to debian-ppc)

Hi everyone,

I recently installed sarge testing onto my powerbook G3. (which
previously ran woody/stable quite well, albeit with old packages..)

i have most things working, however there seems to be no compiler!
I noticed that when i installed that there was no option for
development stuff in tasksel... could this have been forshadowing of what was to come?

i noticed that gcc-3.3-base was installed, but the actual compiler
collection was not..

so after an apt-get install gcc-3.3 i am left with a bunch of dpkg
errors...

The #debian topic on freenode is has a message about this error right
now.

Copied from the topic:

| BROKEN: gcc (#268338) use apt-get -o DPkg::Options="--force-overwrite"
install gcc; libapr0 (#266165) |

Affects sarge, but not sid. see http://bugs.debian.org/268338 for more
information, but the information from the topic should be all you need.

thanks for the info.
an  `apt-get -f install` a little later that night fixed everything!

dylan