2004 Aug 26 13:53

Re: Fwd: Re: [vox-tech] debian woody to sarge upgrade = deadxserver: solved

Re: Fwd: Re: [vox-tech] debian woody to sarge upgrade = deadxserver: solved

Hi vox-tech readers,
	For those of you who were following and helping out with my saga of
upgrading woody to sarge, I wanted to let you know that the problem is
solved.  I resorted to a fresh install of sarge - I know it's a brute
force solution and I shouldn't have had to do it, but I was running out
of time for trouble shooting.  With the new install the xserver started
no problem.  The only hitch was configuring my dial-up as the installer
insisted I give my system an ip, even though my dial up just assigns one
dynamically.  So I cleverly made one up to allow the installation to
continue, only later to spend a couple hours not so cleverly trying to
figure out how to get rid of it and let the ip be dynamically assigned.
I did finally figure it out.  Now I have the system up and running and
am able to work on configuring my usb mouse (ps2 mouse works fine) and
printer at my leisure.

So a huge thanks to everybody for their help and suggestions - some of
you really went beyond the call of duty and I appreciate it.

Ashleigh