2004 Aug 25 13:26

Re: [vox-tech] debian woody to sarge upgrade = dead xserver

Re: [vox-tech] debian woody to sarge upgrade = dead xserver

Kevin Murakoshi wrote:

Could You also post your /var/log/XFree86.0.log with the errors in it?

One thing you could also try is to disable the USB mouse (Comment out
the line under "Server Layout"
 #    InputDevice     "Generic Mouse"
 and see what happens (I had this problem once when i didn't have a
usb mouse plugged in)

I tried this Kevin but I get an immediate error message, rather than a blank screen where X tries to start and fails as before. This time the error says Fatal server error:
No screens found.

So, I went ahead and uncommented that line back to how it was.

Ashleigh