January 6: Social gathering
2004 Aug 25 10:06

[vox-tech] suse 9.1: volume settings

hi everyone,

recently installed suse 9.1 on the GF's computer and most things seem to
be working properly (except for DVD playback, which i am still messing
around with)... however there is one small quirk that i can't quite figure
out.

when the machine boots there is no audio output from the machine, even
though the volume and mixer settings are all set properly.

the only way to get audio output is to adjust the audio levels from within
YAST (any change in volume will result in proper audio output)... after
messing with the volumes for the sound card in YAST the audio output is
fine until a hard reboot...

i am stumped...

Dylan