2004 Aug 24 15:44

Re: [vox-tech] debian woody to sarge upgrade = dead xserver

Re: [vox-tech] debian woody to sarge upgrade = dead xserver

Quoting Kevin Murakoshi (kevin.murakoshi@gmail.com):

> If you just moved to the 2.6 kernel, then you will need to load some
> mouse modules at boot (I had this problem with X when i switched to
> 2.6); you need "mousedev'" and "psmouse".

Man, I'm _so_ glad you posted that.  I couldn't get X running on a 2.6
kernel (on my old laptop) for love nor money, and didn't have time to
spend doing hours of diagnosis, and so retreated to 2.4, pending having
time to look into it.

I'm sorry to not have anything useful to say about Ashleigh's situation,
but concur that relevant clues may be findable in the logs.