2004 Aug 24 11:14

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox - Web driving me batty

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 10:28:49AM -0700, Ken Herron wrote:
> (1) The browser used by probably 90% of all web surfers doesn't support
> tabs, or even something like middle-click to open in a new window.

Wow, sucks to be them. :)

> (2) Javascript's window.open() function gives you more control over the
> new window. You can specify its size, suppress the normal browser
> controls, etc.

Whee :^P  Just what I want.   Thankfully apps like Konq can disallow
those kinds of things from happening.

> In any event, the link in question submits the form located just below
> the link. If they'd done it the normal way, with a button to submit the
> form, middle-click on the button still wouldn't do what you want.

To me, that's a browser bug.  If it's something I click that takes me
somewhere, I want to be able to middle-click it or even right-click it
and specificy precisely how I want to open the new content (e.g., new
tab, new window, save-as, etc.). :)