2004 Aug 23 09:11

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox - Web driving me batty

On Monday 23 August 2004 05:09 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> I'm having an awful time getting a web page to display.  The service
> advertises "Internet Explorer only", but I've been able to get this to work
> under Galeon, so presumably, Firefox is capable of it.

Seems to work with Mozilla 1.6 also.  But I'd just comment
that:

(a) the site is using some very ugly JavaScript, some of
    which varies its behavior depending on the user-agent
    string (usually a BAD idea);

(b) there are many bugs and inconsistencies among browsers;

(c) therefore any browser they haven't debugged it with is
    likely to not work.

I suppose you could try playing with the user agent string
that's transmitted by Firefox....

-- Rod