2004 Aug 22 22:08

Re: [vox-tech] Re: my new kernel won't install

Re: [vox-tech] Re: my new kernel won't install

I hope people haven't already asked these questions, but first what
lines are you using to build your kernel  (make menuconfig, make dep,
make clean, make bzImage, make modules, make modules_install , etc?)

If the kernel built successfully, you should check in
/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/(replace i386 with whatever architecture
you're building on) to see if the kernel is there (it should be
"bzImage"). If not then there's a problem building the kernel.

--kevin

Check out also the Kernel Rebuild Guide:
http://www.digitalhermit.com/linux/Kernel-Build-HOWTO.html