January 6: Social gathering
2004 Aug 21 15:49

[vox-tech] new kernel won't install

list,
My /etc/lilo.conf points to /vmlinuz as the kernel image. That is a link
to /vmlinux-2.6.7 . The date on that file is July 23, which is about
when I stopped being able to have a new kernel, before I left for
Minnesota. If lilo.conf just points to /vmlinuz, why would it have to be
updated with every new kernel? Wouldn't the old kernel image just be
replaced by the new kernel image, and the link changed? I guess make
install or whatever is supposed to put in the new kernel image isn't
doing it, and hasn't been since July 23rd. No error messages though, so
I'm not sure what I could put into Google. What can I do? Thanks.
Nick
P.S. [OT] Did anybody read my message from last Sunday on vox?