January 6: Social gathering
2004 Aug 20 11:59

Re: [vox-tech] Permissions mysteriously changed

Lewis Perdue said:
> I'd check my access and security logs to see if you've had an unwanted
> visitor.

That was actually my first thought; however, nothing was revealed.

The user was using Photoshop to edit image files.  It turns out that
Photoshop has a known history of not playing nicely over Samba shares, and
messing up permissions that way.  I'm still looking for a resolution which
will not involve me installing a new version of Samba (that has never gone
well for me).

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)