2004 Aug 20 11:59

[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 3, Issue 32

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 12:00:03PM -0700, vox-tech-request@lists.lugod.org wrote:

> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:26:55 -0700
> From: Norm Matloff <matloff@cs.ucdavis.edu>
> Subject: [vox-tech] I have a laptop to donate
> To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org

> I have an old (1999) Toshiba Satellite 2105CDS machine which I would
> like to "find a good home" for.  It's underpowered (only 64M of RAM,
> 4.3G hard drive etc.) but is in good condition.  If anyone knows of a
> school or some other institution which could use it, please e-mail me.

By the way, I forgot to mention that the thing does NOT have Windows on
it.  I have Mandrake 9.2 running on it, occupying the whole drive.  (I
installed Fedora 2 but it failed to boot.)

> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:03:36 -0700 (PDT)
> From: MB <sparkynine@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [vox-tech] I have a laptop to donate
> To: lugod's technical discussion forum <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>

> I dont' know of a school, but if you want to give it a good home, I can
> use pretty much any old PC laptops for little projects.

Thanks, but for various reasons I do need it to be an institution.

Norm