2004 Aug 15 14:03

Re: [vox-tech] DVD authoring under Linux

Re: [vox-tech] DVD authoring under Linux

Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 09:18:55AM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

I'm talking about real DVD authoring.

Doug Barbieri :)
Eeek! My ears are burning. :-)

Well, it's been a while since I've done any dvd authoring. Now my wife uses a Mac + DVD StudioPro (and she's a lot happier than with the DVD-authoring offerings on Windows). :-)

I have experience with DVDAuthor. It was a little difficult to use largely because it was sparsely documented (and so is the DVD standard). However, one project which looks really promising is QDVDAuthor (http://qdvdauthor.sourceforge.net/). I remember seeing the project when it first started out at like version 0.0.1, and it's at alpha 0.0.7 now. The screen shots look great, anyway!

Why, got some tornado clips you want to burn? ;)