January 6: Social gathering
2004 Aug 10 18:55

Re: Google Fu (was re: [vox-tech] SSH question)

Bill Kendrick said:
>> ME: google sample snip
> Well, seen THAT.  Alta Vista did/does something similar ;)

How about the cache: feature from google?

Say you know a /. story is big and everyone is looking at the page. If
google was able to index it before the site was slashdotted, you can do
this:

cache:http://mike.passwall.com/
ANd see the google cache. (Granted, you may end up missing images if the
original site is busy, but you can at least see text.)