2004 Aug 10 23:16

RE: [vox-tech] SSH question

Wow...apologies for the bad posting...just my newbie-ness shining
through, I guess.  Really, I had no idea.

I always did wonder what mutt was for...just haven't had time to
research it.

If fact that brings me to another point (perhaps I should start another
thread ;b --and maybe on the general list) and that is that on this list
I see mention of a lot of technologies that I am unfamiliar with...and I
would probably embrace them if I new what the heck they did.

For you gurus, this may seem like a trivial point...but for folks like
me who are "able but unaware", some sort of linux 'product' dictionary
would be helpful.  Does anyone know of any online resource?  Perhaps
LUGOD should have it's own...

It'd also be cool to have a utility that skimmed the emails as they came
into the LUGOD list, and turned the names of these 'products' into
hyperlinks to the dictionary?

What do you all think...would something like this be useful?

Thanks to the respondents for all your help re:SSH...I'll give it a shot
in the morning.

mateo

Matthew Lange
Infosoph.com