2004 Aug 09 17:58

Re: [vox-tech] Firefox Returns To Top, Ebay

On Monday 09 August 2004 05:10 pm, Jim Angstadt wrote:
> On my RH 9 box, with FF 0.7, I get the same behavior
> as his FF 0.9 on Win98.  Using Mozill 1.2 on RH 9, has
> the same effect.

Mozilla 1.6 too.  Though it's something peculiar to eBay, as
other sites (like Slashdot) do not show this behavior.

> This slows him down a lot.  Opening the item link in a
> new tab is not any better.

Why not?  Seems like the ideal solution to me.

BTW if he's really doing a lot of repetitive clicking
around, this may call for some screen scraping (e.g. with
Perl and WWW::Mechanize, something I've been into recently).

-- Rod