2004 Aug 07 16:09

Re: [vox-tech] Losing keyboard and mouse between boots

On Fri 06 Aug 04, 10:05 AM, Ken Herron <Kherron+lugod@fmailbox.com> said:
> --On Thursday, August 05, 2004 22:00:01 -0700 Rod Roark
> <rod@sunsetsystems.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thursday 05 August 2004 09:32 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >>They're both hooked up to ps/2.
> >
> >A bit of googling turns up many varied and interesting
> >reports on this board, but nothing I can see precisely about
> >your problem.  I get the sense that ABit is debugging the
> >thing as they sell it.
>
> <http://www.icronticforums.com/showthread.php?t=1519>. Joe-bob Briggs
> says check it out.

Wow -- good Google work.  That totally escaped me.  Unfortunately, it
only confirms that other people had the same problem (which is both
useful and nice to know).

Clearning CMOS was the first thing I tried, and it didn't help.  Like
the poster, the problem happened after a few reboots while updating
Win2k.

So that narrows it down to a BIOS bug or a Win2k update bug.  I think I
may reinstall Win2k without patching it for a day or two, just to see if
the problem occurs without updates.

In the meantime, I'll focus on installing Linux, which is what I care
more about...

Pete