2004 Aug 06 10:51

Re: [vox-tech] alternative on linux authentication approach

on Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 09:17:44PM +0100, Milver S. Nisay (mnisay@aim-consultants.com) wrote:

>          +----------+            +----------+             +---------+
> + Internet +<==========>| (linux)|<===========>|Windows workstations
> +----------+            +----------+              +---------+
> anybody can provide ideas with this scenario. under linux :a. has 2 NICs
> b. has dhcp leasing 192.168.1.X    c. has iptables allowing 192.168.0.X to
> browse workstations:a. windows OS       b. after booting up, all
> workstations have dynamic IP of 192.168.1.x (not allowed to
> browse)scenario:some windows workstations needs to browse, using linux box
> as gateway. but i need thoseworkstations to be authenticated first from
> linux box before they can browse. when authenticated from linux box,they
> get the 192.168.0.X IP (which is allowed to browse).i would like to
> implement this without squid authentication, but with freeradius +
> proxy.can it be done? is certificates advisable here? i believe proxy would
> be helpful on this. but for the authentication part, certificates? can it
> be done by apache? anyone pls. advise.thanks in advance.milver nisay

I don't know whether or not MSOE is mangling stuff badly, but could you
*please* format your posts for redability?

Generally, this involves:

  - Spaces between words.
  - Linefeeds between paragraphs.
  - Paragraph breakds between major themes.

If you're trying to draw ASCII art, many (most?) of us read with
monospaced fonts and 80 column screens.  Keep this in mind.

Peace.

    Ceterum censeo, Caldera delenda est.