2004 Aug 03 23:13

Re: [vox-tech] Cross compiling SDL/OpenGL on Linux for a win32executable

On Tue 03 Aug 04,  4:20 PM, Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> said:
> Hi all,
>
> I finally managed to cross compile an SDL/OpenGL program on Linux for
> win32.  Here's how I did it and some pitfalls along the way.  This was
> _not_ easy to figure out!  I hope other people can benefit from this.
>
> This email is to be regarded as heuristic knowledge.  Some of it I had
> no idea of the rhyme or reason.  It's just a lot of edumacated
> guesswork, trial and error, Googling and good ol fasioned
> try-by-desperation.
>

> Downloading Stuff
> =================
>
> 1a. Download and run the cross-compile tools installer from:
>
>    http://www.libsdl.org/extras/win32/cross/build-cross.sh
>
>    Running this script will download almost everything I needed.  Among
>    other things, it downloaded the cross compiler mingw32 and a
>    binutils.  By default, it nicely puts everything in
>    /usr/local/cross-tools.

1a and a half:

During the binutils build, if you get (roughly) 450 warnings about
functions that begin with "yy" (and a few error messages on top of
that), it means you have flex installed.  You need to uninstall flex and
install lex.

Pete