2004 Jul 29 16:00

[vox-tech] your linux trouble since IF

Carl

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with Linux. I remember you at the installfest in May. It's really too bad your harddrive had problems, or we would have had your system further along and easier for you to work with.

You will probably get the most help, and learn the most, by coming to another installfest. We _should_ be having one in August.

Alternatively, we can try to help via this mailing list if you want to work on one problem at a time. First, let us know what system you have, whether the harddrive issue is solved, and what linux distribution you are using. Then we can try to help you get that computer online.

Regards,
Jonathan

clmet@excite.com wrote:
Hi Bill,

I am attempting to switch over to Linux, but I do need to be able to
talk to the program to do some changes. I am not on line in Linux, my
printer does not work and I would like to change the time out on the
menu. I know that these things require me to talk to Linux. My
printer is a Hewlett Packard Laser Jet 5. I talk to the Net on a LAN
using my other machine as the gateway.

The reason I have these problems is when I went to the install fest
in May, at lest I think it was May, My hard drive took that time to
have some bad sectors. That surprised me because I had run scandisk
the night before with no problems. I have replaced the hard drive and
have had no problems with this one.

It is not good enough to have one of you guys set it up, when I
remain with no skills. You are involved with Linux and I want to be.
I will attempt to contact your lending library.

I have three email addresses. clmet@yahoo.com clmet@excite.com