2004 Jul 28 08:32

Re: [vox-tech] multiple OS's on one computer

on Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 02:18:23PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman (p@dirac.org) wrote:
> On Tue 27 Jul 04,  1:08 PM, Karsten M. Self <karsten@linuxmafia.com> said:
> > on Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 12:12:40PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman (p@dirac.org) wrote:

> > Depending on finances, an 80 - 300GB drive can be had for a $100+,
> > and should avoid the need to reboot while providing an adequate (6-10
> > GB) allocation per distro for a pretty full-fleged install.  Handle the
> > systems as images.
> >
> > You can use networking to access other drives (/home, /usr/local) from
> > the UML systems.
>
> *whistle*
>
> Haven't thought about UML.  And I DID want to play around with it at
> some point.

It's fun ;-)

The networking stuff is a bit different, and I haven't quite got it
worked out to run noninteractively.  But I suspect this could meet your
needs well.

> > Depending on how your Exchange server's set up, you can access it via
> > POP3 and/or IMAP.  This should allow you to use the Linux mailer of your
> > picking.  The tough part is tracking down your user authentication.
> > See:
> >
> >     http://twiki.iwethey.org/Know/ExchangePop3Authenticationo
>
> I'll check it out.  I had no idea that Exchange used POP3...

It's a poorly-kept secret.  I created the POP3 auth page because *that*
particular datum *was* a well-kept secret.  It's not clearly stated
anywhere in the docs that I could find.  I *still* haven't found the
IMAP client config settings, and would appreciate your sharing if you
find out.

Peace.

    Ceterum censeo, Caldera delenda est.