2004 Jul 26 15:55

Re: [vox-tech] Debian configuration: X and modem and zip: allresolved!

On Monday 26 July 2004 10:31 am, ashleigh smythe wrote:
> going to worry about it - if I need 3D it sounds like I can get a driver
> from nvidia, but I wasn't too clear on how/where it should get installed
> if I can't use the Debian package management system to do it (since it's
> proprietary nvidia stuff).
Debian now has the Nvidia drivers. I think they are partly in "contrib"  and
partly in "non-free". Which is a little bit of a nuisance in that if yours
sources.list doesn't reference both categories, it will look like the package
is broken. This is just for testing and unstable, however. I'm sure there
not in stable (woody) Also they are not the latest. I don't think they will
work with 2.6.x kernels.

Richard Harke