2004 Jul 25 20:14

[vox-tech] 2.6 Kernel issues

I've just upgraded my FC1 machine to FC2, and now I seem to be having some serious issues with both the USB mouse and with the network card.

First off, it doesn't recognize the USB mouse at all. I'm not sure why, nor even where to look for clues. Hints here would be most appreciated.

Second, the computer seems to have lost the ability to see the network card. This worked perfectly under FC1. Again, no clue where to start looking.

I assume that these issues are related to the 2.6 kernel, since I also tried installing SuSe Pro 9.1 on the same computer and had the same issues. Both FC2 and SuSe Pro 9.1 use the 2.6 kernel.

Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (http://www.mossroot.com AIM: Buffalo2K)
Fitness blog: http://www.mossroot.com/02h
The Literate Penguin: http://www.mossroot.com/lp
"You can't trust your judgement if your imagination is
out of focus." --Mark Twain