2004 Jul 22 14:13

Re: [vox-tech] Stupid floppy/zip label question

On Thu 22 Jul 04,  1:13 PM, Paul <@claypits.com> said:

> Its been a couple of years since I looked, but I couldn't find any
> removable (peelable) floppy labels. I ended up using a larger label cut
> in half (not very professional looking). I think you're stuck with
> Avery's "permanent".
>
> My (limited) experience with disk labels is that "permanent" glue dries
> up after about 10 or 15 years and falls off and the removable glue stays
> flexible and sticky for 20+ years (just checked the label on one of my
> Dysan 8" disks :-).
>
> Paul

i used to use Verbatim 5.25 in the hot pink sleeves, and for the REALLY
important stuff, like castle wolfenstein, i used BASF 5.25 which sold
for $3.25 each.   how i remember that, i don't know.  i remember me and
my friends counting our allowance quarters to buy packs of 10 because
they gave you like a 2 buck discount for a pack of 10.

any apple owners remember the significance of memory address C600?  NMI
cards?  80 column cards?  applecat ][ which let you download stuff at a
blistering 1200 "baud"?  but only upstream.  downstream was still at
300.

i am now on a quest for removable labels.  i'll post my findings.  they
HAVE to exist...

pete

--
In theory, theory and practise are the same.  In practise, they aren't.