2004 Jul 22 07:11

[vox-tech] Red Hat and Fedora Unmount problem

[vox-tech] Red Hat and Fedora Unmount problem

I don't know if this will help LUGOD users, but William and I found an easy solution to an unmount issue that has long plagued both Red Hat and Fedora: namely that the floppy and cdrom sometimes will not unmount and offers a "device busy" error message.

The problem _may_ be due to fam monitoring the drive's contents, but regardless of that, if you use the -l switch, things work fine:

umount -l /mnt/yourdrivehere

This is an annoying time waster so I thot somebody could benefit from the time we already burned up.

Lewis Perdue
lperdue@ideaworx.com
http://www.ideaworx.com