2004 Jul 21 12:59

Re: [vox-tech] PPP problems;need help over phone or housecall (Sacramento)

On Wed 21 Jul 04, 12:39 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> said:

> a Knoppix install.  I could just be making too many assumptions about the
> hardware requirements for Knoppix (which I guess really comes from the
> 'all special effects turned on' KDE GUI they default to :^) ... purty, but
> a little heavy on your CPU!)
>
> -bill!

bill, if you want to rescue a system with knoppix and don't want all the
KDE crud, give this a try:

   knoppix 2 vga=normal

this boots knoppix without any X (runlevel "2"), and uses good ol' BIOS
hardware to implement a console (vga=normal), rather than using a
pseudo-graphical frame buffer.

pete

--
In theory, theory and practise are the same.  In practise, they aren't.