January 6: Social gathering
2004 Jul 19 00:03

Re: [vox-tech] [OT] Now I have a virus. Argh!!!!!

On Sun 18 Jul 04,  1:30 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> said:
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 12:53:04PM -0700, Shwaine wrote:
> <snip>
> > Personally, if it were my box, I'd do the following.
> <snip>
>
> > Then I'd burn a CD of this voluminous software, reinstall the system,
> > patch patch patch, install the personal firewall, remove IE from the
> > desktop, replace with Mozilla. I'd also go in and minimize the services
> > that W2K is running, but don't disable RPC services.
> <snip>
>

> it's so easy... no WONDER it's number 1!

all those things were already done (which is why i didn't reply) except
for installing mozilla, which was done early yesterday.

as for reinstalling, thanks but no thanks.  ;)

pete

--
In theory, theory and practise are the same.  In practise, they aren't.