2004 Jul 14 10:10

Re: [vox-tech] Procmail to kill "Subject: $77168" spams

But you can email them (support@...), which I just did. :^)

> Sonic continues to work on a system that will scale to many thousands of
> users, but in the mean time, they've fallen behind in the spam munitions
> war.

It's been up and down, but mostly good.

> They've wisely decided that a shared bayesion database for all
> users is a bad idea.

Managability is nice, but obviously each person gets different kinds of
email that they 'want', so I can see sharing affecting false positives and
false negatives in a bad way...

> I finally got irritated enough to forward my sonic email to a server under my
> control.  I should have done that a long time ago!

One thing I did that helped was trash all email that comes in to addresses
I never actually use any more.  (Mail aliases at my domain.  Boy, I guess
having different contact addresses for different projects was a _bad_ idea.
It just multiplied the number of times spammers tried to email me. >:^P )

> Bill, did you see the new member tools that give you some control over
> the RBL's that will be used to process your mail?

I don't think I've looked closely into them.  Once they turned on some of
the new stuff though (RBL being part of it, I think) a few months back,
my greymail folder shrunk from ~1000 per day to ~20-40.

MUCH more managable!