2004 Jul 13 18:21

Re: [vox-tech] Procmail to kill "Subject: $77168" spams

Re: [vox-tech] Procmail to kill "Subject: $77168" spams

--On Tuesday, July 13, 2004 17:18:38 -0700 Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

  :0
  * ^Subject:.*\$[0-9]{5}
  /dev/null
that will match any message with a dollar sign followed by five (or more) digits in the subject. It should match the messages you're talking about; depending on your non-spam mail it might match legitimate stuff as well.

Really though, you're wasting your time trying to discover and write these rules yourself. Take the time to set up spamassassin or bogofilter, and take advantage of the work other people have already done. I currently filter my email through DCC and bogofilter, and I get virtually perfect filtering without having to write any supplemental rules. (And yes, I save the spam and regularly check it for false positives. I virtually never find any.)
--
"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons

Kenneth Herron Kenneth.Herron@mci.com v658-5894 916-569-5894