2004 Jul 11 20:28

Re: [vox-tech] BTTV Problems with multiple cards

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Mark K. Kim wrote:

> The other issue is the IO ports.
[snip]
>    Region 0: Memory at f46fe000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]

Oops, that's a memory map, not IO port.  Two different things (from
software standpoint ^.^), but doesn't change what Hans has to do.

"Region N" lists the memory maps as well as the IO ports, and none of them
can conflict so just look for any conflicts, either memory map or IO port,
and make sure none of them overlap.

Here is what I mean by overlap: In the above example, my BT878 is using
the memory range from f46fe000 to f46fefff.  You can plainly see that the
memory range starts at f46fe000, and since the memory range size is 4K (it
says [size=4K]), f46fe000 + 4K = f46ff000, so it's using up the memory
range from f46fe000 (inclusive) to f46ff000 (exclusive).  So if you had
another device that was using memory somewhere in that range, like
f46fe800, then you got a conflict.

Hew.  Hope that helps.  Or at least doesn't confuse anyone.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius