2004 Jul 11 19:24

[vox-tech] BTTV Problems with multiple cards

[vox-tech] BTTV Problems with multiple cards

I purchased not long ago a new machine to function as
a mythtivo and finished assembling it this weekend,
sadly when I dropped in the three bt878a capture cards
the unit just decides to spit out a greenscreen/static
across the bus. If I rip out any 2 of the cards
leaving just one it works fine.

All three Cards are identical, and to note if I change
the tuner=x setting when insmoding/modprobing it will
sometimes show partial channels, such as one that
looks like its off frequency, badly interlaced and out
of sync, pal mode gives me a similer output but on a
different channel.

Card is a bt878a with a Phillips FM1236 tuner.

Also one other thing to note is while running on one
card only it spits out these messages periodically

bttv0: timeout: drop=64 irq=97874/97876,
risc=1490e07c, bits: HSYNC OFLOW FDSR
bttv0: reset, reinitialize

Any help would be appreciated greatly

Hans W. Uhlig
OE Technician
Staples 0718
Woodland, Ca

=====
Hans W. Uhlig
deathguard@yahoo.com
http://purple.worldforge.org/~huhlig
"Life is a Long and lonely road, Bring a friend"

GPG Fingerprint : 2470 6619 6156 9A0E 577E E7B1 D2BB C9BA 07C0 C7BF
GPG Public key  : http://purple.worldforge.org/~huhlig/deathguard.asc