2004 Jul 09 04:17

Re: [vox-tech] what Windowmaker has that Gnome does not

Re: [vox-tech] what Windowmaker has that Gnome does not

Umm...

I think that's the window manager thing, not the Gnome thing.  'Cuz when
Gnome runs, it runs alongside a window manager, there are some things that
Gnome manages and some things that window manager manages, and some things
that are managed by both.  I think what you want to do depends on the
window manager side of management, not Gnome's side (though I guess Gnome
*could* do it, too.)

So if you want to do what you wanna do under Gnome, you might wanna tell
Gnome to use a different window manager that does support such shortcut.
Then look in that window manager's control panel for options for such
control.

Gnome + FVWM is awesome... (JUST KIDDING!!!)

-Mark (fvwm user... thinks desktops are overrated...)

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Issac Trotts wrote:

> In Windowmaker, it's possible to define a keyboard shortcut that
> maximizes the current window vertically.  When that key combination is
> pressed a second time, the window is unmaximized.  In Gnome, the second
> time does nothing.  If someone here has an idea about this, I'd like to
> know about it.  Thanks!
>
> --
> Issac Trotts
> Programmer, NIMH Human Brain Project