2004 Jul 02 10:54

Re: [vox-tech] bandwidth question - choking http to give more to ssh

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 07:12:51PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i have a remote web server.  i also ssh into that same machine for mail.
>
> is there a way to give the bandwidth for my interactive ssh session priority
> over the bandwidth of everything else (in particular the web server)?

Besides the other lartc links posted, see:
<http://lartc.org/wondershaper/>

I found iproute2 to be a bit hard to get my head around but wonder
shaper is about as easy as it gets.  Tell it how much bandwidth you have
in and out, run it, and forget about it.

-troy