2004 Jun 30 12:27

Re: [vox-tech] postfix question: content inspection for junkelimination

Re: [vox-tech] postfix question: content inspection for junkelimination

På onsdag, 30 juni 2004, skrev Rod Roark:
[...]
> Also, starting with release 2.1, Postfix has a little-known
> feature that will allow content filters to reject mail
> BEFORE the offending SMTP connection is closed.  I went out
> of my way to install 2.1.1 along with my recent server
> upgrade, intending to try this out soon.  See:
>
>   http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_PROXY_README.html

Nice. This is exactly what I am looking for, though it is worrysome that the
documentation says that external content filters are only suitable for
low-traffic sites. Rod: have you experimented with this yet? Has anyone
else?

Honestly, I think the e-mail system is going to become unusable in the
not-too-distant future and we will all be forced by circumstances to switch
to a sender-pays-per-message system. Think how much less profitable
indiscriminate bulk mailing would be if the sender had to pay you one cent
for every message successfully delivered!

--
Henry House