2004 Jun 29 21:24

[vox-tech] Tripwire or equivalent

Back when our server was originally cracked, someone suggested that we look at tripwire to monitor things once we had a clean install ... well, we've got a clean install, but our investigation of Tripwire shows a GIANT corporate Dilbert empire with layer upon layer of obfuscation and a set of sticky hurdles to clear before even getting an evaluation unit ... they boast of being able to monitor 2,500 servers, but Geez, folks how about something for one or two servers?

Isn't there an open-source alternative for this bloatware poster child? Even something that does a simple checksum kinda thing on key system and .conf files would be welcome.

"Send lawyers, guns and money."
                                        -- Warren Zevon

================= CONTACT DATA =""> Lewis Perdue, 462 W. Napa St., Suite 201, Sonoma, CA 95476,
Phone: 707-939-6655, fax: 707-940-4146