2004 Jun 23 16:18

Re: [vox-tech] Easiest way to calculate date in 100 ns increments?

Re: [vox-tech] Easiest way to calculate date in 100 ns increments?

Mark K. Kim wrote:

BTW, `cal 9 1752` may amuse some people:

   $ cal 9 1752
      September 1752
   Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
          1  2 14 15 16
   17 18 19 20 21 22 23
   24 25 26 27 28 29 30

   $ _

Somehow changing the locale doesn't change `cal`'s behavior.  It should,
though.  A bug, perhaps?
Did I get whooshed or something? Sept. 1752 was the changeover from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar. (The Julian one was less accurate and had drifted 10 days from the solar year.)

One might wonder if this unnaturally short month wasn't a PITA. It was a GIGANTIC one. Landlords and tenants argued about how much rent was due. Employers and employees argued about how much wages should be. Everyone got confused. Thank god it was 350 years ago and not likely to happen again.

--nicole twn