2004 Jun 19 18:36

Re: [vox-tech] Cloning a drive?

Reiser and EXT3 aren't too different for what you're trying to do, so just
make EXT3 on the new hard drive and make the layout like the reiser and
you'll be fine. (If you had a VFAT and wanted to transfer to EXT3, that'd
be a problem, but UNIX partitions in general are cross-transferrable
without [much] difficulty.)

The newer versions of LILO supports partition labels, but I don't think
Debian uses it by default so you probably won't have to worry about
labels.

Good luck! =)

-Mark

Mark K. Kim