2004 Jun 15 11:59

harshness on [vox-tech] mysql experts?

Because one never knows how long it will be before one gets a reply, I
sometimes post to newsgroups like this one, while simultaneously posting
to tech-specific lists, and at the same time searching newsgoups/Google
for a solution.

I hope that the next time I do this on this list, that I will not
receive such a harsh response as the one below.

As long as solutions (or where they can be found) are published, we all
benefit...sometimes inadvertantly.  Much of the knowledge I have gained
has been from monitorring list threads that I have returned to at a
later date, when I actually need the info.

It would be a sad day indeed if someone were not to post, because they
were afraid of being ridiculed, belittled, demeaned, or otherwise told
to go somewhere else.

I hope that ketralnis@softhome.net doesn't think that the answer below
reflects the general sentiment of people on this list--surely, it is not
mine.

My 2 cents.

matthew

Matthew Lange