January 6: Social gathering
2004 Jun 03 22:15

Re: [vox-tech] Problem with Wine install and set-up

Re: [vox-tech] Problem with Wine install and set-up

Issue: Finding the file:

No, the program was installed at the installfest off of floppies into a Linux directory.  "Find"  did not find the file.
Perhaps we put it on a hard disk partition we cannot read or is not mounted!!.  Do I have to manually mount disks?  Very strange.  I do not erase things.

Issue: No configuration file for wine, therefore it will not run.

How do I run wine and generate a configuration file?

Thanks for the help!!
Dick

At 11:20 AM 6/3/2004, Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 11:31:10AM -0700, Richard Ely wrote:
> In looking for the Windows application i need to run, I  regret today I
> cannot seem to find the windows application on the machine even though I
> know its windows name - it doesn't seem visible anywhere.  I do not seem to
> be able to make WINE find it.  Yet we made it work perfectly when I was
> there.

I know nothing about WINE, but...

  1. Is the Windows app installed on a WIndows partition?
     Perhaps that partition isn't mounted, and hence the file cannot be seen?

  2. If you know the name of the file ("program.exe", for example), you
     can try either:

       locate program.exe

     or:

       find / -name "program.exe"

And that should tell you precisely where it is, if it's still there.
(Again, see #1 above :^) )

Good luck!