2004 May 29 08:57

[no subject]

The idea I provide is to use existing running and working kernels to your
advantage. I try to go through various tools made availbale to you as an
admin to inspect the running system and better decide what things you
should enable in your config.

This presentation took nearly 3 hours of straight talking. It really
should be broken into 2 or 3 parts clumped in this order
1) Theory
2) Interface for selection of kernel options (without explanation of what
will be selected)
3) Tools for gathering information about your machine to help decide what
hardware you have, and what you will want to support
4) Step through the actual process of configuring, building, installing
and testing kernels (System.map, modules, etc)
5) Applying kernel patches to enhance security or offer other features.

1, 2 and 3 would probably be one persentation, and 4 and 5 would be part
of a second presentation.

HTH
-ME